Hanoi City Tour
Full Day Tour of the Old Quarter
Hanoi Capital is located on the banks of the Red River with tranquil Hoan Kiem Lake at its heart. North of the lake are the bustling streets of the Old Quarter, each street named after the trade that used to take place there. Let Lily’s show you the very best of the city.
- Wake early to visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum where we’ll explore the architectural and historical aspects of Uncle Ho’s final resting-place. Just next door is Ho Chi Minh’s traditional stilt house and the 10th century One Pillar Pagoda.
- Continue on to the Buddhist Tran Quoc Pagoda at West lake which is one of the oldest pagodas in Vietnam.
- We’ll then head out of Hanoi to the Bat Trang pottery village and have lunch at a local restaurant.
- After lunch we’ll visit the Ethnology Museum, the Temple of Literature and Hoan Kiem Lake. From the Ngoc Son Temple in the middle of the lake we’ll journey through Hanoi’s Old Quarter, where you’ll have the chance for some shopping and street snacks.
These details are subject to opening hours of the various tourist sites and closed attractions will be subsitituted for other Hanoi must-sees.
Food on foot tour in the Old Quarter
Take a walk through Hanoi’s Old Quarter street markets with a local guide who’s passionate about food, and discover the exotic flavors of Vietnam with fellow food-lovers. Sample fruit, hawker street food Hanoi and local specialties like pork crepes, noodle..
Duration: 3 hours, lunch (start at 11.00) or dinner (start at 18.00).
Taste Hanoi street food & learn about Hanoi lifestyle
Join our Hanoi street food tour to:
- Discover the culture of Vietnam through Hanoi local food
- Sample local Hanoi specialties
- Watch twilight fall over Hoan Kiem Lake
Our guide meets you at your hotel around Old Quarter Hanoi (or at our appointment if you stay far away the Old Quarter). Begin the walking food tour to breathe in the aromatic scents wafting from street hawker stalls selling everything from exotic fruit to seafood. Our guide will tell you stories about the ingredients and history of Hanoi’s food culture and northern Vietnamese specialties.
Keep going around Hanoi Old Quarter, sample fruit, street snacks and visit some famous and specialized- food families or stalls, little local restaurants which run by authentic local chefs, certainly you will watch the chefs at work and taste some particular dishes (Your choice or our recommendations. Vegetarian food or special requirement is available upon request)
To add something sweet to the menu, try the local specialty of fresh fruit served in a cup with crushed ice and condensed milk or try the local favorite egg coffee or perhaps a chilled beer at a corner cafe (a tucked-away cafe) near Hoan Kiem lake with amazing views. Your food tour ends here, so you can either continue exploring on your own, take a cab or ask our guide for directions to your hotel.
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- Food tastings and dinner
- A bottle of water, coffee or beer
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (recommended)
Book your tour now
Please give us as much information as possible so that we can start planning for your arrival.