“What is the most beautiful season?“ How do you get here? “Where to eat, rest, and have fun?”… You always have those answers to the above questions when reading the article below from Lily’s Travel!
General information of Phan Thiet travel
Phan Thiet is a city in Ninh Thuan Province, located on 1A, from Ho Chi Minh city about 183 km to the eastern north. With its extensive white sand beaches, clear waters, and towering coconut trees, Phan Thiet has long been a well-known seaside vacation spot in Vietnam. This region is not only home to stunning natural beauty, but it is also a desirable place for cultural tourism, home to numerous communities of Tau and Cham people.
Time to travel to Phan Thiet
All twelve months of the year are suitable for travel to Phan Thiet because of its windy, sunny, and rarely stormy environment. However, the best time for you to visit Phan Thiet is in June and July.
Departure from Ho Chi Minh City
High-quality car to Phan Thiet:
Time: from 5:00 am, departing at the Eastern car or De Tham Street, District 1.
Ticket prices range from 150.000 – 170.000 VND depending on the airline.
Passenger buses to Phan Thiet
– Kumho (Tel: 1900 6065, Add: Mien Dong Bus Station): drop off at Phan Thiet bus station. If you want to go down to Mui Ne, you must hire a taxi.
– Phuong Trang (Tel: 1900 6067; Add: Mien Dong Bus Station): drop off at the North of Phan Thiet bus station or Mui Ne office, convenient for visitors who want to go straight to Mui Ne area.
– Hanh Café: drop off at Mui Ne, convenient for guests who want to travel to Mui Ne.
Read more: Phan Thiet travel: All detail for your trip from A to Z (Updated 2023) (Part 3)
Trains to Phan Thiet
– Normal train has a price from 110.000 VND/ticket or more. You buy tickets at Saigon Station – 01 Nguyen Thong, Dist.3.
– High-quality train has a price from 160.000 VND/ticket or more, departs every morning. Tel: 08.35261685 – 08.35262724.
– To get to Phan Thiet Center: Kumho and Phuong Trang cars should be selected because you can drop off at Phan Thiet bus station and be easy to find out a hotel and resort in Phan Thiet.
– To get to Mui Ne: choose Phuong Trang or Hanh Café, because these cars will pick up you on time to the resort in Mui Ne if you want to stay in Mui Ne almost time.
– To get to Mui Ke Ga: go to Phan Thiet Coop.mart Supermarket, take bus No. 6 (every 30 minutes) from Phan Thiet to Mui Ke Ga, along the way, thanks to the bus stopping at his resort. When you return, ask the resort to watch and catch the bus for you and go in the opposite direction.
– If you ride a train, get off at Phan Thiet station rather than Muong Man station because the latter is farther away from Phan Thiet. On the train, there is a bus ticket from the station to the resort in Mui Ne with a price of 30.000 VND/person.
Departure from Hanoi
– Flying from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City is the most practical way for visitors to travel to Phan Thiet. Another way is taking a flight from Hanoi to Nha Trang, then continuing to take a passenger bus to Phan Thiet.
Places not to be missed when traveling to Phan Thiet
Phan Thiet city center area
Duc Thanh school
This is a school founded by patriotic priests in 1907 in response to the Duy Tan movement in Trung Ky. Duc Thanh school also remarked on the teaching time of Uncle Ho before entering Saigon. Today, the Duc Thanh school still has almost intact memorabilia from nearly a century ago.
Van Thuy Tu Palace
On Ngu Ong Street, Duc Thang Ward, Phan Thiet has a temple to worship Nam Hai God – Ca Ong (Whale God). The stone skeleton of Nam Hai God is kept at the palace of Van Thuy Tu, 22m long, weighs 65 tons, is considered the largest skeleton in Vietnam and Southeast Asia. Every year at the palace, solemn ceremonies are held on lunar days: February 20, April 20, June 20, July 20 and August 23, During the ceremony, there are also activities such as singing, acting, and boat racing…
Ong Hoang Palace
You’ll be curious to investigate the Ong Hoang palace on the way to Mui Ne because the poet Han Mac Tu is connected to it. Han Mac Tu and Mong Cam, the poet’s partner, used to go on dates at the Ong Hoang palace. The poet Han Mac Tu has many poems about this charming landscape.
Poshanu Cham Tower
Poshanu Tower is located on Ba Nai hill, Phu Hai ward, 7 km northeast of Phan Thiet center. The Poshanu Cham Tower is the remains of the ancient Cham pa Kingdom. The tower has the architectural style of Hoa Lai – one of the ancient art styles of Cham Pa people. Although only medium and small in size, it distills the architectural and decorative techniques of the Chăm people to create majesty and mystery.
Ho Chi Minh Museum
Ho Chi Minh Museum – Binh Thuan Branch was founded on May 19, 1986, this is where President Ho Chi Minh lived and taught in 1910 before he entered Saigon to go to find a way to save the country.
The area around Mui Ne
The Circus Land Amusement Park
Circus Land is an American-style coastal amusement park located in Tien Thanh commune, Phan Thiet City. Coming to Circus Land, visitors will have unique experiences, from exciting winning game booths to challenging, thrilling, adventurous games.
Inspired by the American traveling circus model, Circus Land offers a colorful, unique space, with new virtual living check-in corners for visitors, as well as colorful shows. Tickets are sold for a combo of games, starting from 50.000 VND/ ticket. In order not to queue up to buy tickets, you can buy tickets online on reputable booking websites.
Rang beach is the most beautiful beach in Phan Thiet City. Rang Beach, which is 15 km to the north of Phan Thiet City’s center, is hidden beneath a canopy of dense coconut groves that resembles a stunning coconut jungle. In the summer, Rang beach is busy every afternoon to swim and enjoying the grilled blue flying fishes.
Hon Rom Island is the name of a tiny, pristine mountain in Phan Thiet City’s Long Son hamlet, Mui Ne district. Here, the water is clear blue, the waves are smooth, there are no reefs. In the morning or the afternoon, you can sit to watch the sunrise or sunset; in the evening watch the rising moon or go camping. In Hon Rom, the beach cluster has many islets such as Hon Rom 1, Hon Rom 2, Thuy Trang…
Less than 1 km from Mui Ne, Ghenh Island or Lao Island is quite pristine. To get Ghenh Island, you can follow the shuttle service from the hotel or hire a fisherman’s boat for about 200.000 VND/round-trip boat ticket for 10 people. After about 10 minutes of boating, you will set foot on the island. The first impression is the water is so clean that you can see the coral at the bottom with the beautiful, large and small rocky rapids piled up on each other.
Sand Dunes in Mui Ne
Mui Ne sand dunes, located near Hon Rom, are one of the landscapes that have captivated the footprints of poets, painters, and photographers. The sand dunes not only attack people for their beautiful shape but also for the 18 different colors of the sand. If you go by motorbike, you can park at the water stairs opposite the sand dunes (remember to lock the car and remind the owner to note). Up the sand hill, you can rent a board to play sandboard, only about 5.000 VND/sheet. After playing, you can enjoy coconut water, Phan Thiet flour cake…
Bau Trang – Bau Sen
Bau Trang – Bau Sen is far 18 km from Hon Rom. These are two natural freshwater lakes located among the immense white sand dunes. Bau Trang is also known as Bau Ong, where you will admire the lotus flowers blooming in the middle of the white sand dunes in the summer. Bau Sen has another name Bau Ba, this place is a vast lake with the deep blue water surrounded by beautiful sandy caves with pure white, smooth.
To be continued
Find out more about Phan Thiet tours here: