On the central tourist map, the beautiful ancient town of Hoi An on the banks of Hoai River and Ba Na Hills – which is known as a fairyland, have become two places that most tourists cannot ignore. Coming to Ba Na, you will enjoy the beauty of nature, admire the impressive architectural works and experience many other interesting things.
Where is Ba Na and how far is Hoi An from Ba Na Hills?
When traveling to Da Nang or Hoi An, visitors do not forget to visit Ba Na Hills – a famous destination that attracts domestic and foreign tourists. This site is located on the top of Chua mountain – the highest mountain of the Truong Son range, about 1,489 m above sea level, in the territory of Hoa Ninh commune, Hoa Vang district. It is about 30 km from Da Nang city center and about 60 km from Hoi An to the south.
How long does it take to get to Ba Na Hills from Hoi An?
As mentioned, Ba Na Hills is a place in Da Nang, not Hoi An, so the distance from Hoi An to Ba Na will definitely be longer if going from Da Nang. According to the Ba Na Hills travel experience of many people, it usually takes 2 hours/ 2 hours and 20 minutes to travel (depending on the type of vehicle you choose). It is best to arrange a reasonable time, take advantage of early departure to have more fun time in this tourist paradise.
Directions from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills
Hoi An is a city directly under the province and is recognized as a grade III urban center, directly under Quang Nam province. Ba Na Hills is a mountain belonging to the Truong Son range, in Hoa Vang district. Although located in two different provinces, the traffic here is quite convenient. Therefore, traveling between these two areas is getting easier and easier. To know how Hoi An to Ba Na, you can choose one of the 3 routes below:
- Route one: Through Lac Long Quan: According to everyone’s sharing, the route through Lac Long Quan is not the shortest, but it is the most chosen by many people because it is easy to travel without a toll station. If going from Lac Long Quan, Nam Ky Khoi Nghia – Avoidance Street – Ba Na Suoi Mo will be 67 km with about 2 hours and 15 minutes of travel.
- Second route: Via Nguyen Tat Thanh: How many km from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills, if you choose the route through Nguyen Tat Thanh, the distance is shortened to only about 62 km, the travel time takes about 2 hours 15 minutes. This is considered the shortest route, but there is a toll station and the road is generally quite difficult to go, so few people choose.
- The third route: Through Ba Na – Suoi Mo: Compared to the two routes above, the Ba Na – Suoi Mo route is the farthest at 69 km and 2 hours 20 minutes. However, many people still choose because the road is not too difficult to go, there is no toll station. Especially the road has quite a few vehicles, so it is safe and fast to drive. In addition, if departing from the center of the old town, you can follow this guide: Go West to Tran Hung Dao Street, then turn right onto Ba Huyen Thanh Quan Street, and continue to turn left onto Ly Tuong Kiet. At the mobile world junction, you go into Le Hong Phong, pass DT607 and then turn left at Dien Hoc intersection towards Tu Cau bridge, here you keep going and then turn right onto National Highway 1A, cross Hoa Cam overpass, passing through Q14B and National Road 1A. Go straight, then turn right towards DT 602, and keep going to get there.
Which means of transport is appropriate from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills?
After knowing how many kilometers from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills, your next thing is to choose the appropriate means of transportation. To go from Hoi An you can choose one of the forms below: From Hoi An to Ba Na Hills by bus This is a popular public transport, if you want to save money, you can choose the bus. However, you will have to use 2 bus routes: first from Hoi An to Da Nang, then take another route from Da Nang to Ba Na Hills.
From Hoi An to Ba Na Hills by bus
From Hoi An to Da Nang, you take Quang Nam bus number 01 at Hoi An bus station. This route runs from 5:30 to 17:30, there is 1 trip every 20 minutes. The ticket price is only 17k / turn. Going to Da Nang, you can contact Vu Khoa bus service for 150k / time, Da Nang bus for 30k / time, Danang Trans Fer for 199k / time to get to the gate of the Ba Na tourist area.
From Hoi An to Ba Na Hills by taxi
Hoi An is a tourist city, so the taxi system is also very diverse. Therefore, visitors can easily catch a taxi to go from Hoi An to Ba Na. This vehicle is quite convenient, comfortable, suitable for families with small children, but the price is relatively high. The cost for one way is about 500k. To save money, you should go in groups of about 4-7 people. How popular taxi companies in Hoi An are:
Rent a car from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills
The next option you can refer to is to rent a tourist car. If you rent a car, you can completely arrange your own schedule and be proactive about the time. This method is suitable for large groups of people or groups with the elderly and children. Renting a car from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills ranges from 900k to 2,800k/day, corresponding to cars from 4 seats to 45 seats.
From Hoi An to Ba Na Hills by motorcycle
For young people who like to travel or like the feeling of freedom and relaxation, using a motorbike is a unique experience. Traveling by motorbike helps you take the initiative in time, you can leave at any time or return at any time, stop wherever you want to admire the scenery, rest and eat. Moreover, this is also the cheapest vehicle, only from 100 – 150k to rent a motorbike in Hoi An. You can rent motorbikes at motels, hotels or shops specializing in motorbike rental.
Travel from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills by tour
There is a way, you do not need to rent a car or use public transport, you can still easily travel to Ba Na Hills from Hoi An, which is by tour. Currently, travel companies in the old town and Da Nang all organize Ba Na tours to go back and forth during the day. When participating, there will be tourist cars to take visitors to and from their places. Don’t worry about finding your way, but also save money and have fun. Tour price is generally low, there is a difference between units but not much. Or else, visitors can also catch a motorbike taxi if traveling alone or in a small group to move from Hoi An to Ba Na. The operation is very simple, just download the app, choose the distance and driver.
Things to prepare when traveling to Ba Na Traveling to Ba Na, whether going back during the day or staying overnight, visitors still need to prepare the following things:
- Identity documents: identity card, driver’s license (if you intend to rent a self-driving car), birth certificate (for children).
- Comfortable clothes, a pair of sneakers or loafers, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen… If you spend the night, bring a jacket or a light jacket because it’s quite cold at night.
- Prepare a little cash enough for eating and using services, do not bring too much to avoid the risk of dropping.
- Don’t forget a smartphone, or camera to record beautiful moments. If you are more careful, visitors should bring car sickness drugs, stomach pain medicine, anti-allergic, cream against insect bites, …
Which form should you take from Hoi An to Ba Na Hills?
It is impossible to be sure which option because self-sufficiency or tour has its own advantages/disadvantages. Depending on the preferences, plans as well as economic conditions of each person to choose. Those who like to be proactive about time and schedule choose to be self-sufficient. As for those who do not have much experience, want to simplify their fun plans, what means of transport, how to eat, etc., choose to book a tour. But if compared, most tourists today tend to choose to go on a tour.