The following are specific content about the tasks and powers of the Department of Tourism of Ho Chi Minh City according to the regulations issued together with Decision No. 17/2015/QD-UBND.
Ho Chi Minh City Department of Tourism is a specialized agency of the City People’s Committee, helping the City People’s Committee perform the state management of tourism in the City. Headquartered at No. 140, Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
The following is the specific content of the tasks and powers of the Department of Tourism of Ho Chi Minh City according to the regulations issued together with Decision No. 17/2015/QD-UBND of the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City promulgating the rules and organization of activities of the Department of Tourism of Ho Chi Minh City:
Regarding the development and implementation of legal documents in tourism activities:
To observe and organize the lawful implementation of legal documents of the State on the management of the tourism sector; to study and concretize guiding and guiding documents to advise and submit to the City People’s Committee for promulgation to ensure the consistency in the implementation of regimes and policies on the management of branches and fields under the authority and responsibility of the Department; to study and submit to the City People’s Committee programs and measures to organize the implementation of state administrative reform tasks in the field of state management of tourism.
Regarding planning, planning and scientific research in the field of industry:
- a) Develop planning strategies and development plans (annual, long-term) of the sector based on the general socio-economic development strategy of the City, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and submit them for approval to the City People’s Committee;
- b) Participate in research and appraisal of scientific research topics and participate in research on the development of investment programs and projects in the tourism industry and submit them to the City People’s Committee and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism; inspect the implementation of development investment programs and projects and scientific topics on the tourism industry in the City;
- c) Advise the City People’s Committee, the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to consider, recognize and decentralize the management, exploitation and use of tourist areas, tourist attractions, tourist routes and tourism resources in the City;
- d) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with other departments, branches and districts in, studying models and solutions to protect security and order for tourists, ensure order and safety for residential communities, and environmental sanitation in tourist areas, routes and spots, and advise the City People’s Committee on promulgating implementation policies.
- To submit to the City People’s Committee for the decision on the assignment, decentralization or authorization of state management of tourism for the district-level People’s Committee and specialized agencies of the City People’s Committee following the law.
Regarding the propaganda, dissemination and education of law and tourism information:
Disseminate and educate the law by specialties; guide, inspect and supervise sectors, levels, social organizations, grassroots units, businesses and individuals in the implementation of legal documents of the State; research, propose and propose to the City People’s Committee and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism to amend, supplement and concretize the regime policies related to tourism activities under the reality of the City.
Regarding the revocation, issuance of permits and certificates of tourism activities:
Organizing the appraisal of application for an international travel business license and submitting it to the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism for granting permits to businesses; granting, exchanging and revoking tourist guide cards, tourist interpreters and certificates of cars eligible to serve tourists; appraising and reappraising the grant of tourist service signs qualified to serve tourists; appraising the granting, re-granting and revising change, supplement, extend or revoke the operating license of the representative office of the foreign travel enterprise in the City; appraise and re-evaluate the ranking of tourist accommodation establishments of 1-star, 2-star, tourist accommodation business standards; issue short-term tourism training certificates; grant and revoke other types of cards, licenses, diplomas and certificates under the authority of the Department of Tourism according to regulations the provisions of the law… and other functions and duties specified in the Law on Tourism.
- Coordinate with the Department of Statistics to implement the regime of economic information statistics (number of tourists, markets, revenue…) in tourism business activities in the City according to regulations to serve the reporting and scientific research; forecast the development of tourism and socio-economic development strategies of the City;
- To guide organizations and individuals in making statistical reports according to regulations. Receiving, processing and analyzing statistics in the field of tourism provide research and statistics of the sector of the City People’s Committee and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism for the management of the industry.
- Develop a database of tourism resources of the City.
Regarding financial affairs:
- Coordinate with the Department of Finance, the Department of Planning and Investment to submit to the City People’s Committee financial estimates for the operation programs of the sector as prescribed;
- Coordinate with the Department of Finance to monitor and inspect compliance with financial regulations, following the approved program objective
Regarding inspection and inspection
- Guide, inspect and inspect economic organizations, and domestic and foreign individuals operating and doing business in the field of tourism on the implementation of guidelines and policies of the Party and the State law on tourism. Advising, proposing and proposing solutions to rectify and stabilize the business situation in the field of tourism by the law;
- To settle disputes, complaints and denunciations of citizens and organizations related to the area of tourism.
- To decide or request the City People’s Committee to issue decisions on handling administrative violations in tourism activities in the City by the law.
To carry out international cooperation in tourism according to regulations and as assigned by the City People’s Committee
Coordinate with relevant units to perform other tasks as prescribed:
- Specify the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Department; draft documents specifying conditions, standards and titles for Heads and Deputy Heads of units under the Department;
- Specify the functions, tasks, and powers of the Office, professional and professional departments and public non-business units under the Department, following the procedures, studies and capabilities of the Department according to the general guidance of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and according to the regulations of the City People’s Committee;
- To manage the organizational structure, staffing of civil servants, the form of civil servants’ ranks, job positions, the system of civil servants according to their professional titles and the number of people working in public non-business units; to implement the salary regimes and policies, remuneration regimes, training, retraining, rewarding and disciplinary regimes for civil servants, civil servants and laborers under their management following the law and under the assignment or authorization of the City People’s Committee;