Phu Quoc is always an ideal destination, chosen by many domestic and foreign tourists. Traveling to Phu Quoc in any beautiful season is always a matter of great interest to many people. Let’s discover when is the right time to be on this beautiful island!
Phu Quoc is an island located in the Gulf of Thailand, in the sub-equatorial monsoon tropical region. The island is surrounded by the sea on all four sides, so the climate is different from other islands in our country. Not only that, but nature also especially favors beautiful scenery with blue sea and white sand all year round.
The most beautiful season to travel to Phu Quoc
The climate on Phu Quoc island is mild and pleasant all year round, divided into 2 distinct seasons including the dry season and the rainy season. Because it is located at the gateway to welcome the southwest monsoon, in the rainy season the humidity on the island is very high. During the dry season, it is affected by the northeast monsoon, causing the temperature to rise from April to May. The island’s average annual temperature is only about 25-27 degrees Celsius.
Traveling to Phu Quoc at the time of season change: late October, early April
The season change is the most ideal time to explore Phu Quoc. At this time, the weather conditions are extremely favorable for all activities to visit and experience. Whether staying in the resort or having a picnic on the beach, it is an extremely “natural time, favorable location, human harmony”.
- Because it is the beginning and the end of the rainy season, the rainfall will not be too much and massive. Your movement and play will not be affected much.
- Early April or October also often has low visitor density. Visitors will comfortably enjoy the view, enjoy the services without having to worry about being crowded and waiting.
- Climate: At this time, the pearl island is usually cool and pleasant. You will enjoy the cool, pleasant breeze. If you wonder which season is the most beautiful in Phu Quoc beach, this is the right time.
Here are a few experiences that travel “believers” should keep in mind when visiting Phu Quoc during the season change:
- You should learn about the travel schedule before the trip to help the fun more complete and meaningful. Phu Quoc hotels near the sea will be the most perfect choice.
- Some experience activities you must try when coming to Phu Quoc such as Swimming is a must-try recreational activity when coming to Phu Quoc. Bai Sao, Bai Dai, Bai Truong, … are among the most beautiful beaches in Vietnam. It would be a waste to come to Phu Quoc without immersing yourself in the cool blue water here.
- Phu Quoc specialties are delicious and irresistible. Food is also one of the strong points of Phu Quoc tourism. Some specialties can be mentioned such as herring salad, melaleuca mushrooms, jaggery beefcake, sea cucumber, smart cake, crab blood soup…
Phu Quoc in the dry season
The dry season in Phu Quoc starts from late October to April next year. At this time, the average temperature is about 27-28 degrees, the highest temperature reaches 35 degrees. This is considered the most ideal time for sightseeing as well as sightseeing.
- In October: Less rain, light waves, cool air, very convenient for traveling and relaxing. However, the tourist areas in Phu Quoc are almost full, and hotels in Phu Quoc near the night market are very difficult to book without a reservation.
- To take the initiative for the trip, you should also find out in advance and book a hotel room, air ticket to avoid room fires, or not choosing a satisfactory room.
- Choosing to travel to Phu Quoc in March, you will be able to immerse yourself in the clear blue water, enjoy all entertainment activities, easily explore the entire landscape here. In addition to the beckoning blue sea, you can visit Tranh stream, Phu Quoc pepper garden, VinWonders, Vinpearl Safari Phu Quoc …
- If you are a foodie, you must try the delicious dishes of pearl island: honey cake, dishes from sea snails, sim wine,…
Phu Quoc in the rainy season
After the peak period, from late May to early October, Phu Quoc begins to enter the rainy season. This season has heavy rain, strong seas, constant wind, high air humidity. This will not be the appropriate answer when you want to know which season is the most beautiful in Phu Quoc. However, if you have a trip during this season, traveling to Phu Quoc in the rainy season is also a lot of interesting experience.
The advantage of going in this season is the low density of tourists. This time is very suitable for tourists who prefer quiet and privacy.
Because September tourism is often empty, the service price is quite cheap, significantly reduced compared to the peak season. Depending on the plan and preferences of each person, each season of Phu Quoc has its own beauty, impressing visitors.
To ensure the perfect trip, please note the following!
- Visitors should consider if they decide to travel to Phu Quoc in June. If you still want to take advantage of this time of absence, it is best to choose the type of resort tourism, instead of experience. Besides, you should also bring umbrellas, waterproof bags…
- Organizing a BBQ party by the beach or fishing for squid at night is also an experience that many tourists love when traveling to Phu Quoc in July. In addition to the beautiful beaches like paradise, visitors can “change the wind” to visit. The peaceful and poetic life in Ham Ninh fishing village. Learn the heroic history of the nation through the ruins of Phu Quoc prison, which is also very attractive to domestic and foreign tourists.
What experience to prepare before traveling to Phu Quoc seasonally?
In addition to paying attention to the best season to travel to Phu Quoc, visitors also need to pay attention to some of the following notes to make the trip the most complete!
Booking air tickets or bus tickets, renting a taxi when arriving in Phu Quoc needs to be done before the date of departure. You should consider traveling to Phu Quoc, so what month to go is suitable for your timetable. Thus, you will easily understand the schedule and plan a reasonable fun.
If you decide to come to Phu Quoc at the peak tourist period, you should find out before going to Phu Quoc which resort should you stay at, to avoid no rooms or fluctuating prices. You can contact the reservation (via hotline, website, or agents) and check if the check-in information is correct (name, booking time, number of people staying …)
Besides, you need to prepare financially for the trip and the necessary documents when going (ID card, passport, air ticket/bus…). In addition to the costs of accommodation, travel have been paid before, you also pay for fun, buy souvenirs. There may also be other costs involved. Documents will be needed for check-in, check-out and emergencies.
Items are equally important as personal belongings. You can bring in your luggage a toothbrush, clothes, shoes, accessories (glasses, hats, masks, earrings…). However, at that time, visitors should choose appropriate clothes.
Find out more about Phu Quoc tours here: